Partners meeting in Italy 8.-12.02.2011
Tuesday 8th of February:
- We arrived in Rome and hotel Silva at different times.
Wednesday 9th of February:
Visiting school - We were picked up at the hotel by Patrizia who guided us to school where the students and teachers where waiting for us.
- School authorities and students welcomed us.
- Students sang Italian and English songs load and nice.
- Students performed a drama about pollution in the sea.
- Students had made an interesting and nice exhibition where they presented
all the participant countries and some information about history, myths and
energy resources in some of the countries.
Project meeting - All schools presented their work on the project up to this meeting. All have been working on energy
resources, the time line and the logo. We have worked out the time line in different ways. Will it be possible to compare
them? How can they be presented on the web site? We also discussed how to present the dictionary on the web site.
- We discussed the dates for the rest of the trips
Dinner - We had a common dinner in Vecchia Roma.
Thursday 10th of February:
Visiting tour in Caffarella Parc:
- We met by the school and were taken to Parco Egeria where they bottled carbonated natural water. There we had a guided tour where we could watch the whole process from the production of the plastic bottles to how they packed the filled and labeled bottles. We could also see people coming up with their own bottles which they filled and took home for private use.
- After the visit in Parco Egeria they took us to Caffarella Park to see where the young students meet and work. This day a class planted a vine. From specialists and voluntary workers the students could learn about plants, flowers, gardening, animals and what was connected to their visit in the park.
- Then we had a delicious lunch outdoors before we were taken to St. Sebastian Catacombe. Here we had an interesting guided trip.
Friday 11th of February:
- We met in the secondary school T.Mommsen where the association EXPOMED presented the environmental aspects of the Mediterranean sea. They also informed us about the project of the large aquarium they are building in Rome. We saw a 3D video about the life in the Mediterranean sea.
Meeting with the authorities of the local municipality.
- The president of the local municipality informed us about how they are organized and we saw the different offices of the local city hall.
- We discussed the dictionary: Malgo is responsible for the dictionary. Deadline is 15th of March 2011. We make it this way: - Every word is recorded separately. - One student holds a poster with the word written in English and the native language. - The flag of the country in the background. - The student says the word in English, then waits for 3 seconds and then in the native language. - Every file should have a name when you save it. Use the word in English. - Convert the file to a MP4 file. (Google it to find MP4.)
- The timeline
- The next steps: - Evaluate the use of the web site. We'll evaluate in the end of the school year. Iceland will make a questionnaire that we'll discuss in Iceland in May.
- No 8: Visit to energy producing companies: All schools do it their way. All schools take photos and write maximum five words ? technical terms - with arrows pointing to the actual spot in the photo. The students write the word both in English and the native language.
- No 9: Make observations and measures on the weather. All schools measure the weather twice a day at 09:00 and 12:00 a.m. What to measure: - The temperature in the sun. - The temperature in the shadow. - Wind
- Precipitation - rain or snow in mm from 09:00 ? 12:00 a.m. (We have to melt the snow and then measure the water.)
When to measure: 1) Last week of March 2011. Results to Estonia within April 11th
2) Last week of May 2011 Results to Estonia within June 6th
3) Last week of September 2011 Results to Estonia within October 10th
4) Last week of January 2012 Results to Estonia within February 6th
- No 10: About creating a newspaper: Discuss with pupils the content of the paper and send the ideas to Greece. Send a part of work from each country in native language translated into English. Send whatever work the pupils want to present in the paper before the end of March. The stuff will be presented on the web site. Greece will send the edited material as e-mail so that every school can print the number of copies they want. We all write some information about our country and our school. Konstantina will e-mail us when they have discussed exactly what information they want.
- No 11: Reseach on environmental situation in its institution area.
- Communication between students: - Pen friends: Make a list of students who want pen friends. - SKYPE: Teachers agree on when to meet on SKYPE. Use the web cam.
Saturday 11th of February:
Guided walk along Via Appia Antica. Pasquale and Simone took us an interesting and nice walk along Via Appia Antica where they told us about the history of this road and what we could see along it. We had a common lunch in nice atmosphere on a farm before we took the bus back to town where we had some time on our own before we met for the farewell dinner.